Filter content on this page by:
Benoît Lallemand 3 July 2012
Useful resource on commodities.
In less than 10 years, the proportion of speculative activity in this market has jumped from 30% to more than 70%...
Greg Ford 5 July 2012
How do you end the feedback loop between sovereign states and their banks? A deleted text may hold part of the answer.
26 July 2012
Here is a list of senior bankers and key industry figures calling for the complete separation of retail from investment banks.
Greg Ford 14 August 2012
Finance Watch was “born” at its first AGM, on a hot Brussels afternoon last summer. What has the public interest association achieved in its first year?
Benoît Lallemand 26 October 2012
The European Parliament in plenary today approved a compromise package on MiFID 2, with only minor changes from the text adopted in the ECON Committee vote on 26 September (see the Parliament’s 26 October press release here).
Greg Ford 12 December 2012
Open letter to French finance Minister, Pierre Moscovici, warning that his proposed reform of the French banking sector could be a “non-reform” that fails to deliver President Hollande’s election pledge on bank reform.
To get a feel for how they think financial markets have changed in the last 15 years, Finance Watch’s Matthieu Lietaert took the opportunity to interview Joe Saluzzi during his recent visit to Brussels
Greg Ford 21 December 2012
In the butcher’s shop you see two options: one says 90% lean beef, the other says beef with 10% fat. Which do you prefer? Psychologists call this “framing” and it is as common in retail investment as anywhere else.
Paddy Hirsch is a US-based journalist who likes to explain the mysteries of finance
Benoît Lallemand 31 January 2013
A collection of useful materials about High Frequency Trading
Your first name:
Your last name:
How did you know about us ?
Receive updates from our RSS feed