1st Change Finance Forum
The 1st Change Finance Forum
- A movement of civil society organizations
- A network of academics and experts
- A coalition of sustainable business & economy practitioners, as well as foundations
- Voices of engaged citizens
... to build a common understanding of...
- WHY the financial system was not transformed following the financial crisis
- WHAT needs to change in finance to resolve the current economic, social and environmental imbalances
- HOW we measure the current state and the progress towards the changes we need
- WHAT coordinated actions should be taken to trigger and sustain transformation
... to prepare the launch of a co-created and joint Global Change Finance Campaign in 2018.
Together, we are now an inspiring group of 200 civil society activists, campaigners, economists, sustainable finance/economy practitioners, citizens and journalists devoted to making the financial system work for people and the planet.
Participants at the forum helped revive a powerful call for structural financial reform. They shared emerging ideas, concrete solutions and ongoing initiatives to push for financial reform globally.
It was a dynamic event with representatives from 19 countries. Contributing organisations included Finance Watch, Oxfam, CNCD- 11.11.11, Occupy Wall Street, Positive Money, SOMO, Madhyam, ATTAC, New Economic Foundation, New B, Open Democracy, Greenpeace, Tax Justice Network, Eurodad, Centrale Nationale des Employés (CNE), Fondazione Finanza Etica, Transparency International, Stamp Out Poverty, Secours Catholique – Caritas France, UCL, Veblen Institute, WEED, European Federation of Ethical Banks and Alternative Financiers (FEBEA), Crédal , Lita.co, Fisac/CGIL, University of Grenoble, Fairfin, University of Zurich, Navarra University, Federation SUD PTT, Corporate Europe Observatory, WWF- among several others.
We thank each attendee for their energy and positive spirit, and for their remarkable contributions to build the Change Finance campaign.
The programme of the event gives an overview of the challenges addressed and the conversations involved.